I’ve decided that I need my blog more than I thought I would. I have neglected blogging for the past few months, and I am starting to regret it. I feel very out of touch with my brain today. I have also realized that I love writing. It started out as me writing to throw my feelings and thoughts out there, just to try and make sense of it all. But I feel it is also time to start writing about things I love and enjoy. So this will be a work in progress, until I find what makes me happy.
A little about me (if you are new here).
My name is Patrick. I have OCD, depression and anxiety. I am somewhat a freak about everything. Over cautious with most things in my life, but a few I am reckless with. Here are some facts about me.
1. I love watching planes take off, and land. I love it as much as some people love to play World of Warcraft.
2. When I was 10 I met the girl I would eventually fall in love with. It only took 25 years for it to happen.
3. I only have 1 friend in my life from when I was younger (wish he didn’t live so far away) All my other friends have somewhat vanished.
4. I am the father of a 6 year old girl who has had more health issues then most 80 year old people have had.
5. I suck at most sports, but love to watch.
6. I have smoked a pack of cigarettes a day for 22 years, and every day I plan to quit (one of these days)
7. I have psoriasis on my knees and elbows. Some people think I am contagious and like to not get close. Most people don’t care about it, and never say a word.
8. I used to lie a lot to just fit in with people. I was not at all impressed with who I was through most of my life, so I would do everything I could to just fit in. That all has stopped, and I am very proud of who I am.
9. I love winter sports most…Hockey, Skiing, skating (yes I even enjoy watching figure skating).
10. I am a Cubs fan. Yes you may feel sorry for me, hell I feel sorry for myself. I owe my loyalty for this team to my Grandmother. Miss you Alice!
Today I will leave you with one of my favorite quotes.
“You know you’re in love when you can’t fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.”
— Dr. Seuss